- What made you start up your company, Accent Art and Frame?
I was looking for an entrepreneurial opportunity and this business provide that opportunity while as the same allowing me to turn a hobby of framing into a business driven by a love of art, it was a natural fit.
- Why did you decided to focus more on art for hotels, offices, hospitals, government offices?
Commercial art provided a greater opportunity to focus my sales and marketing abilities to be proactive in finding, developing and closing business.
- In your own words, can you describe art consultancy?
Art consultancy is understanding and helping guide clients to find the right artwork for each location, even when they may not know what they really want. Searching options and leading them thru the options until the right solution is realized.
- What are your goals for this company, do you think you have already achieved them?
Become a top art consultant to the hospitality and health care industries by providing creative solutions and the finest quality art available. We are on the right path, but have still are striving to improve every day in an ever changing market.
- In your years in business, what have been the greatest challenges you have faced as a head of a company?
Finding and/or developing the right artistic talents to meet the ever changing art requirements of the design community.
- What are your greatest victories and success stories with Accent Art?
Meeting client needs with the right art that perfectly complements a design. Projects include Marmara Park Avenue – a 5 star NYC hotel which featured many different styles and mediums of art, The Inn at the Chesapeake Bay – a boutique hotel on the Chesapeake Bay in Maryland that including fabulous frame art as well as custom country themed sculptures, antique clocks and mirrors. We have also done a lot work with Veteran Administration Medical Centers around the country which has been a great honor in helping to support our wonderful veterans.
- How can you see Accent Art and Frame in 10 years?
Accent Art & Frame in 10 will have significantly grown our artist offerings and will be a leader in new art styles and materials. Our offerings will continue to evolve with the industry adding new products like our recently launched line of backlit mirrors.
- How can you see the Art industry evolving in the coming years?
The art industry is ever evolving, experimenting with new materials and methods of productions. Styles and creativity are boundless; a key will be pushing the boundaries on the production side to utilize new technologies like large scale flatbed printing on a variety of substrates. The possibilities continue to grow and will create an exciting future for the art industry.
- Do you have any advice to aspiring art consultants, who get inspiration to your work?
Do not limit yourself, think outside the box and push the limits.
- If you could change one thing in the past about this company, what would it be and why?
Expanding our top notch group of collaborative artists much earlier. Through their creativity, they challenge us to push the limits and achieve great things